I try to always put my life into perspective because I know there are lots of people that have it way worse than I do. Today (well, by the time this is posted, it will have been a few days ago) has been rough. Last night I got talked into staying out way later than I wanted to or should have, but because my car was parked two miles away, not staying wasn't exactly an option. I'm already behind in various school related things because I'm having to work almost twice what I want to this week. I have a midterm on Valentine's and a giant project due the following Tuesday. I got home to a broken wireless router, which wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't need it for work. I can bypass it and go directly to the modem, it is just a bit of an ordeal to reconfigure the set up.
In a lot of ways, I feel like a failure. I've had several mess ups over the last few days at work. It's to be expected considering I've only worked about three weeks, but it makes me feel like garbage. My apartment is a disaster. I haven't been grocery shopping in over two weeks. It's been almost that long since I've done laundry. It's been almost three weeks since I have been to church (granted there was some concern about ice on the roads one of those times, but still). I'm behind on reading for my classes. Basically I feel like a giant failure. As I write this, it's two hours before my bedtime and three hours before the time I've been going to bed as of late. Which I am sure is helping my stress and anxiety levels. Regardless, I fully intend to go take a quick shower despite the fact that my legs desperately need to be shaved, and then head to bed.
I want to have perspective right now. I really do. It's not that I'm not trying, it's just been one of those rock bottom days. Rock bottom weeks. And I can't seem to pull myself up.
No comments:
Post a Comment