When I started this blog, one of the things on my mind was if there were ways I was hiding truth. Hiding it from others or, perhaps, myself. And if I was, if I am, what is the motivation behind that? What are the things in my life that I intentionally hide? Are there things I try to hide from myself? I know there are things I hide from others. I guess most people hide things. It's easier to do so in a lot of situations. Hiding things keeps them from having to be explained. It keeps other people at a distance. For me, more often than not, distance is easier-safer-than proximity. I don't want to live like that. I don't really intend to. Sometimes it's difficult to say things, especially if I don't know how they will be received. The easy way out is not to say anything. Keep the status quo.
One of my favorite quotes is from a book by Sarah Dessen. "But I was sure of something, too: it's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching, and rarely discovered--so many locks, not enough keys."
There's something easy about being lost. In a lot of ways, it's safer, and we all know how I am about being safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment