Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Personally relevant

Sometimes when I am reading something for one of my classes, I'll come across a sentence that is unbelievably personally relevant.

"We must learn from the past, but not hold on to it because it feels comfortable and because change is difficult." -Mark Kuranz


Then a few days later, I was reading in the ASCA National Model. I was really glad I was at home and not in a library or something, because I guffawed at the irony of one of the sentences. It was something I had experienced previously in working with children. I mean the EXACT experience. It was weird. I definitely had an "ah-ha" moment as I realized, once again, how my past experiences have gotten me to where I am now and ways they will help me in my future.

It's pretty amazing how things that seem so personally irrelevant suddenly, usually when I least expect it, are exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment