Thursday, February 21, 2013

Change

You know how sometimes you know something in the back of your mind, but then something happens, or you hear or see something that makes you actually realize it? That happened to me on Saturday while I was reading in one of my textbooks. I promise that at some point I will stop writing about all the quotes I find in my textbooks that stand out to me. No promises on when that might occur, though.

"Change is a process, not an event." -The Transformed School Counselor

I've written before in various places how odd change is. From day today, things almost always are pretty much the same. Of course there are a few exceptions, and a big life event can drastically change things, but for the most part, life remains the same from day to day. Or so it would seem. It is impossible though, looking back, to ignore change. My life one year ago is so drastically different from my life now.

A few weeks ago, I had a realization that in August, it will have been 10 years since I started high school. 10 YEARS! Oh my gracious, things have definitely changed since then! I could probably count the number of days on my hands during that 10 year period that changed my life. Two deaths, two graduations, a marriage (not mine, of course), two moves, leaving my job at the daycare, starting grad school.

Truthfully, though, sometimes it isn't the big things that make things change. It doesn't take a death, a move, or a marriage to change things. Sometimes it's the little things that, in the moment you are least expecting it, put something into process that, irrevocably, change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment