Friday, February 1, 2013

Not the only one

The other day when I was FaceTiming with my best friend, he mentioned that he had hung out with someone the other day and that they had eaten at the place we ate the last time I saw him. I was pretty sure I knew he he was talking about, but he had only said her first name, so I asked if it was Firstname Lastname. He said it was and that she said she knew me, that we had taken classes together (which we did), but that she said she didn't think I remembered her. And it struck me, because at that moment I realized I'm not the only one that does that.

I always think that people that I only ever kind of knew won't remember me. Sometimes, they probably don't. That's okay. I don't expect every person I come in contact with to remember me. In fact, I guess I expect people not to remember me, hence the fact that I usually think people won't remember me. When you combine that with my freakish memory (that allows me to remember really random things, but is absolutely no help at all in anything school related; yeah, that one), I guess it's just easy to assume that I'm the only one that remembers things.

I'm not, though. For some strange reason, I find that oddly comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment