Recently in one of my classes, the professor encouraged us to think about a song that is either currently meaningful to us or to a song that was meaningful to us at a specific point in time in the past.
The one I immediately thought of was All at Once by The Fray. That song, in a lot of ways, reminds me of my high school years and was very significant to me my senior year for several reasons.
One of the things I love about music is that I can listen to a song that I have heard hundreds of times and still hear it differently or have something about it stick with me. I love when that happens.
"A life you don't live is still lost." - The Goo Goo Dolls: Before it's Too Late
Huh. Wasn't I just thinking about that the other day?
God, are you trying to tell me something here?
Are there ways I am choosing not to live? That's definitely a rhetorical question. I know the answer. Determining what those ways are is not quite as easy. Sometimes I think I choose that to keep my sanity. For example, I'm writing this on a Sunday. I easily could have asked brother 3 and sister-in-law 3 over for dinner/games/movie. Or the girl in my program who, literally, lives down the street. But it's easier not to. I would have to clean, and *gasp* actually cook. There's nothing wrong with writing, and I have plenty of school related things I need to do, but more often than not I use those things as an excuse. To exist. To survive. To react. An excuse not to live.
No comments:
Post a Comment