I saw this on pinterest the other day and liked it. Heck, chances are decent that I have posted this before either here or somewhere else I write.
"Stop waiting for Friday,
for summer
for someone to fall
in love with you,
for life. Happiness is
achieved when you
stop waiting for it
and make the most
of the moment you
are in now."
I love that. I think it can apply to so many things. Not just happiness. I am a pretty strong believer in the fact that, more often than not, you choose the way you live your life. "Duh," right? But think about how many people aren't happy with where they are at. Dislike their job, dislike where they live, want X, Y, and Z to change. And granted, there are times where you have to suck it up and deal with it. If you are a parent and have searched high and low for a new job and cannot find one, yes, you might have to continue working in a job you don't like for a while. Despite that, you always have the ability, the choice, to decide how you perceive life. It is easy to have a negative outlook on life, but I have found that nearly every single bad or difficult thing in my life can be altered with perception. I may not always get to choose my circumstances, but I can always choose how I respond.
I think Martha Washington said it rather well when she said, "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition."
No comments:
Post a Comment