Friday, September 14, 2012

Life update

I don't know how/why I end up letting so much time go between posts. I don't intend to, life just sort of happens.

I had my last day at work. I cried all afternoon. I was a complete mess. I love those kids, and I miss them terribly. I'm sure they are rocking the middle school business, and I hope to go see them when I go home in a few weekends for a friends wedding.

I moved! It has been really good to be in my own apartment in a new city. It's been kind of scary at times, too. I mean I feel completely safe, it's just very different being in a new city where I don't know many people and don't really know my way around all that well. I'm trying to be more proactive about getting involved in things here than I was where I went to undergrad at. The first ting on my list of priorities is finding a church. I've been to two so far and I plan to go to one tomorrow evening and another one Sunday morning. I've got a list going of other churches I would like to visit if neither of these "fit."

My classes are going well, but are definitely starting to pick up in pace. One of my classes is centered doing 100 hours of observation/shadowing of a profession with whom I will be working with after I finish school. Specific, eh? Even though I could probably share way more details than I do, I try to keep it under wraps. I'll just say there was some red tape and that I am glad to have gotten to start working toward those hours today. I have three classes other than that (Yay 12 grad school hours! Not really, though!). I really like one of them, one of them is alright, and one I just sort of tolerate. Because I'm taking 12 hours, my advisor suggested I should try not to work this semester. And luckily, since I'm such a saver, I had enough money set aside to be able to afford rent/food/gas/etc. for a few months until I do get a job. I'm also blessed to have parents that would help me out if anything catastrophic ever happened. But that's what insurance is for, right?

My best friend and I? Sigh. He ended up dating a girl a few weeks after we had that conversation. It lasted about a week and then things completely blew up. We're still "just friends," but the feelings are still there. It's sort of a weird place to be, but it's something we're both okay with. Right now at least. And honestly, things are better now than they've been in quite a while. He came to visit me on Labor Day, and everything about the visit was fantastic. We literally talk about everything, and I know I can trust him with anything. He really has done a complete 180 from his past, and I couldn't imagine not having him in my life. He's basically the best best friend I could ask for, and I am beyond thankful that I get to have him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment